Introducing Mailbird, a simple, easy to use, modern email client that integrates multiple social media.
If you’ve ever thought about using an email client instead of the web, Mailbird is an excellent choice because not only does it let you check all your email accounts, but it also lets you check your social media, messaging services and moreover, designed to be perfectly integrated into the new Windows 10.
What is Mailbird?
Mailbird is a light and simple desktop email application, similar to Sparrow which had the same function but was only for use with OS X, and was later purchased by Google. Its interface is easy to use and very pretty. In the column on the left you will see a list of every email account you add, as well as other social media or task management accounts.
Mailbird has a free version which allows you to add up to three email accounts such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, or any other account that uses the IMAP or POP3 protocol. It works on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10; in the latter it completely integrates into the activity center and shows notifications. Mailbird supports all kinds of gestures when using Windows on a touch screen device.
Every app in a single place
The most interesting thing about Mailbird is that it can be integrated with many third party apps, allowing many things to be done from your desktop without having to install any more apps or open tabs on your browser. Mailbird supports WhatsApp Web, Twitter, Todoist, Facebook, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Dropbox, Evernote, Asana, Sunrise Calendar, Unroll.me, etc. A contacts and attached files manager specifically made for the application can also be used.
Mailbird’s most interesting characteristics
- It is completely customizable: you can choose the dominant color; the size of the font for reading, the icons that identify each email account, see the messages as if they were chat conversations and add a single signature to each email address.
- Support 17 languages, including Spanish.
- A tab where all new messages from the different email addresses added are grouped together.
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Rapid responses in the email messages.
- You can attach files by just dragging and dropping.
- Creation and synchronization of folders.
- You can see the attached files within the application.
- For $12 a year, or $45 for a lifetime subscription, you can contract the full version that includes additional functions.
- Message encoding and statistics for ongoing productivity.